I’m pretty sure July didn’t even happen….where did it go?! And now we’re mid August already….WTF. Back to school season is coming in full swing, so I thought I would post a couple school related blog posts, and to start I’m talking about dorm decorating! I know I posted a blog post last year about this, but this year I’m going to be showing some of my favs and providing links if any of you want to shop the items in this blog post 🙂
To begin, here are some things I learned when living in a dorm room:
- Find ways to make your room YOURS, not just a room you’re sleeping in. This is why I think decorating your dorm room is important, make it a space YOU want to be in.
- Being away from home might be hard at first, bring things that remind you of home. Whether that’s hanging pictures on the wall, having a candle that smells like home, just bring something you’ll be happy you did.
- When arranging your room, look at the outlets on the wall and place furniture accordingly. You don’t want to be using extension cords to charge your phone by your bed or something silly like that.
- Try not to overwhelm your bedroom, even the picture above seems super pretty but if you’re an average human being it’s going to get really messy really quick.
But moving on, if you’re lacking inspiration to decorate your room here are some of my top picks to help:
- First of all, if your room is smaller you need to get a little creative with how you store things. This shelf divider can fit in your closet, under your bed, and adds storage space without taking up too much space! And even better, this one is less than $8 at storage solutions shop this link http://www.solutions-stores.ca/shelf-divider-10-pockets-grey/
- I personally love when my room smells great. I use scentsy wax melters BUT I found this the other day and I WANT IT SO BAD. Obviously it’s adorable and looks like a pineapple, but it’s also from Charmed Aroma, so that means there’s a pretty ring hiding inside there somewhere. If you want one for yourself shop this link https://ca.charmedaroma.com/products/pineapple
- Add your own little flair to your room…and TRUST me there is SO many ways to do this, you could add these string lights from Chapters https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/house-and-home/copper-string-led-30-light/037916929705-item.html?ikwsec=HouseAndHome&ikwidx=15
- I have a similar tapestry (to the photo above) hanging up in my room and maybe that’s how you want to add your own personality to the room, shop TONS of tapestries on Society 6 here https://society6.com/tapestries
- If you’re more into pop culture, hang up some posters (that you already own) OR shop some posters from Hot Topic here http://www.hottopic.com/home/wall-art/ (I picked my favorite to feature but trust me they have so many different posters to look through)
That’s all from my end everyone! If you’re moving into a dorm this year GOOD LUCK, you’ll have such a great time! If you’ve already lived in a dorm and think I’ve forgotten something leave me a comment below, on my Facebook page or on my Instagram page all linked below! I love hearing your response. Thanks again to all the people that read my blog it means so much to me xoxo
Till next time,